Effective Date: September 1, 2019
The quick version is this: Any information we collect is used to improve our ability to give you an easy and enjoyable customer service experience, whether you are browsing or making a purchase. The manner in which we collect information is through forms and cookies, and we never sell your information to another company or third party. For more detailed information, please see below.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC. to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
Information Collection and Use
- Information Collection.
One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we may use your personal information to:
● help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
● help you quickly find information, products, and services.
● help us create content that is most relevant to you.
● alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
(a) Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of any Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number(s), email address, and credit card number. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new products; and to sign up for email newsletters and special offers, or to place an order. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter and special offers and this will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest or sweepstakes.
(c) Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
(ii) Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
(iii) We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
(iv) As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer's personal information collected by us.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and web beacons with other information we have collected from you or information from other sources. We may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive about you from other sources, such as address update services.
(d) Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet). IP addresses are not used to track a user's session. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our Site are visited. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
In some jurisdictions, individuals may have the right to provide opt-in consent or withdraw consent for certain uses. If you reside in such jurisdictions, you may have additional rights which are detailed below, “Access, Correction and Deletion.”
- Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We may use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Site's content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), to provide interest-based advertising to you based on the way you browse and shop on the Site and other platforms, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other uses described in this Section 2, we may share your information with affiliates under Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC's control.
- Communications with You. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. Consistent with applicable law, which may require express consent, we may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of products; and to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we may use it to deliver information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt-out of future emails (see the “Opt Out” section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt-out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection of coffee and other products. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC’s control, except that:
- As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service and United Parcel Service) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in “Data Security.”)
- We may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, and to operate the Site or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the contest and sweepstakes winners.
Please note that if you voluntarily submit any personal information for posting on the Site, such as a review or a blog post, the information becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to this Site and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Site.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices concerning interest-based ads, visit:
In Canada, please visit: http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
In the EU, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Access, Correction & Deletion
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information. You may also request that we update your personal information or correct any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding this information. You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain it for legally permitted purposes, and this will be explained to you if necessary. If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information, or would like to request that we delete your personal information, please contact us with your request at email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we will refer to the following criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our products, services or programs.
- Whether our visitors have the ability to access and delete the data within their accounts.
- Whether our visitors would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC accounts are closed or terminated.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
The Site incorporates reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon your request, we will (a) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (b) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests at the “Contact” page of the Site https://www.fetchroasters.com/contact, or by emailing your request to Fetch Coffee Roaster’s Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
Access by Children
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us promptly as described below, and we will endeavor to investigate and delete such information from our systems.
This Site may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by or related to Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC. Fetch Coffee Roasters, LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites before disclosing your personal information to them.
Updates to this Policy
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. To make such a request, please email us: at the following address: email@example.com.
Right to Removal of Personal Information—California
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with us, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such information, you can contact us as provided below. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Site, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
Visitors from Outside the United States—Cross-Border Transfer
Right to Lodge Complaints
We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use personal information, and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us as described below. To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.